Volunteer for the Foundation
One of the key aims of HKF is to provide opportunities for our students to help them progress to and succeed in Higher Education and employment against the odds. To help us achieve this we can offer volunteering opportunities to people with specific skills and experience. We provide our volunteers with training and support to help you make the best of your time with HKF, develop transferable skills, meet new people and have fun! There are a wide range of volunteer activities in which you can get involved, all of which have varying time commitments to fit around you.
As a Helena Kennedy Foundation volunteer we can offer you:
- The flexibility to volunteer in the areas you enjoy best,or in other areas in order to boost your experience.
- Induction to the Foundation and volunteer role
- Full support from the staff at HKF
- A volunteer agreement between you and HKF so you have a clear idea about what you can expect from us
- Training in the skills you need to complete the task in hand
- Reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses is discretionary
The General Volunteer will directly support HKF’s Operations manager by carrying out duties such as:
- Update Website(wordpress:Brizy)
- Fundraising and research
- Events organisation
The amount of each task can be negotiated with the operations manger.
The Communications Volunteer will directly support HKF’s Operations manager by:
• Contacting students to enquire how they are getting on at university
• Updating the student files
• Taking relevant action related to the student
The Fundraising and Communications Volunteer
The Fundraising and Communications Volunteer will directly support HKF’s Operations manager by:
•Researching new funding opportunities
•Developing a fundraising plan for the organisation
•Researching and writing bids to grant-making bodies
•Develop existing fundraising initiative
•Update Donor database
If you would like to know more about what is involved then please contact us at the office. To apply send your CV and a cover letter to Shahida Aslam, Operations Manager. We look forward to receiving your application for volunteering and welcoming you as a volunteer here at the Foundation!