How do we receive notification when applications are open?
Applications usually open soon after we return from the Christmas break in the new year. Please also sign up to our newsletter to be the first to be notified when they open.
What does the form look like?
Please click this link, to give you an idea. Kindly note this is only for reference and applicants must apply online.
What questions do you ask in the reference?
The questions are is usually as per below and slightly different for the FE bursaries.
- What are the applicant’s personal and financial circumstances and what barriers have they overcome to continue their education?
- How well suited is the applicant to the higher education course they plan to take and how realistic are the student’s ambitions?
- What contribution, to your knowledge, has the student made to a) College life and b) their community
- Is there any other information that you believe is relevant to the student’s application?
- How do you think the applicant would benefit from the additional support offered by the Foundation?
How do we sponsor a bursary?
Please click here for more details.
Can we nominate a contact who can liaise directly with HKF?
Yes, we strongly advise this. We can only accept 5 applications per college so having a link person at the college will help to facilitate this. Please forward contact details to Shahida Aslam.
What happens if students apply without notifying us and the Foundation receives more than 5 applications?
The Foundation will get in touch with the link person(see above question) at the college or we will contact the Principals office to be advised which 5 applications are to be considered. If the Principal is not available the deputy or equivalent can make this decision.
Can someone from HKF or an alumni visit our college or university?
Yes of course we would be delighted to if it's possible. We can arrange a visit for someone to come and speak to you about the bursary scheme. Please contact Shahida Aslam for further details.
Our alumni are also invited on a regular basis and help to inspire students to undertake Higher Education. Click here