Short Story Week
Women Aloud - enjoy great storytelling and support the HKF at the same time!
Women Aloud is an audio anthology of short stories written by eleven of the UK’s best loved women’s fiction writers. There’s something for everyone in this unique audiobook – love, laughter, thrills and chills. It will make a great gift for a friend, mum, sister, grandmother, aunt, girlfriend, wife, partner or…yourself!
Listen to stories by Trisha Ashley, Judy Astley, Elizabeth Chadwick, Rowan Coleman, Katie Fforde, Milly Johnson, Catherine King, Sophie King, Carole Matthews, Sue Moorcroft and Allie Spencer.
The CD was produced as part of the celebrations for National Short Story Week, and to support the work of the Helena Kennedy Foundation. The writers, actors and producer gave their time and talents for free, so that all of the proceeds from sales go to the Foundation. To date sales of Women Aloud have raised £600 for the Foundation.
Get your 2 CDs with over 2 hours of stories for £5.99 (free delivery to UK mainland). For overseas purchases please email admin [at] shortstoryweek.org.uk Purchase now at www.nationalshortstoryweek.org.uk/women-aloud.htm
- The Cinderella Dress by Elizabeth Chadwick, narrated by Penelope Rawlins
- It’s The Taking Part That Counts by Allie Spencer, narrated by Sue Kyd
- In Real Life by Rowan Coleman, narrated by Elizabeth Bower
- The Garden by Catherine King, narrated by Kali Peacock
- Crossing to the Other Line by Sue Moorcroft, narrated by Samantha Ritchie
- A Piece of Cake by Trisha Ashley, narrated by Becky Wright
- Fox Sleeping by Judy Astley, narrated by Jane McDowell
- The Way to a Man’s Heart by Carole Matthews, narrated by Lara Agar Stoby
- A Woman of Good Taste by Milly Johnson, narrated by Martha Howe Douglas
- The One by Katie Fforde narrated, by Stephanie Lane
- At Your Convenience by Sophie King, narrated by Lisa Armytage